Tuesday 5 October 2010

Enjoy the sun while it lasts!

Conference weekend is always a highlight of my year; I just love it! I love the inspirational talks that motivate me to improve myself and nudge me to do better and as President Hinckley once put it to try "to stand a little taller". This weekend was no different and I have a mental list of things that I want to work on.
My mum is visiting us at the moment and we both went to the Relief Society meeting on Saturday afternoon and watched the first half of Saturday morning's session (live) at the chapel before our backs started complaining. So we went home and I watched the second half on the internet. I really enjoyed President Uchtdorf's talk about choosing the better part and that sometimes slower is quicker.

On Sunday morning while the boys were at Priesthood, Mum and I went to visit a friend of mine in hospital and then after lunch we took a ride to the lake and walked from Goldach to Rorschach and back. The weather was superb and the people were out in droves taking advantage of the warm autumn weather before the cold and fog set in.

 



It was cool to see this old steam train pull into the station. We were lucky to see it last time we walked along the lake but I didn't have my camera with me then. This time I did!!

Here's to more sun-filled days.......

Becca x

No comments:

Post a Comment