Thursday 10 December 2009

Out and about

Even though I know it's not true, I still feel that I spent more time in my car than out of it today!
The day started with a primary presidency meeting at 8.45 am at the chapel and finished 2 hours later. We had a good meeting and I now have a long to-do list. On my way home I stopped off at the grocery store and finally at 11.45 am I arrived home and started cooking lunch. The hubster came home for lunch and Melissa was also home as she had a day off work. Jordan and Daniel left at 1.05 pm to get the bus back to school and at 1.45 pm Melissa and I hopped in the car and made our way to the chapel (again) for a choir practice. We are singing "What Child Is This?" in sacrament meeting on the 20th Dec. I am singing 2nd soprano and it's not an easy melody; it's up and down. We were there until 3.30 pm and off home we went, dropping off Elder and Sister Burbidge on our way. I dropped Melissa off at the house and then I went to the bank and post office. I got home at 4.20 pm and then cleaned up the kitchen as I didn't have much time to do it before leaving for the chapel. Two hours later at 6.20 pm I drove Daniel and some neighbour kids to their athletic meeting and picked up Jordan from tennis. He was so tired and the poor boy is currently doing his maths homework - geometry - not his favourite subject. Melissa is helping him as he doesn't get it.
I looked at the clock at 7.59 pm and realised that I had to pick up Daniel & co from athletics in 1 minutes time. Oh well, there was no way I was going to be on time as it takes me at least 5 minutes to get up to Speicher. Luckily they were running a bit late and I was there before they got out. It's now 9.00 pm and my car is finally staying put; in the garage where it belongs!

Oh, I forgot to mention - when I came home at lunch time Melissa told me that Nana had had an accident and had broken something in her shoulder. WHAT!!My mum is currently visiting Keith and family in New Zealand and they were out sightseeing for the day. They were looking at some lovely architecture and mum was looking up and proceeded to trip up and over the low curb. She threw her arms out to cushion the fall and fractured her shoulder joint (the ball is fractured). She doesn't have to have surgery (yet!) but she has her arm in a sling and is in a lot of pain. She'll go back to the hospital next Thursday for an x-ray to see if it is healing. She called me at 7 pm and told me she was being a "miserable cow!" I feel so sorry for her - what a bummer - you go on holiday and this happens! But at least she will be pampered and taken well cared for. I'm sure she'll be fine.
So there was my day. I'm off to watch Grey's Anatomy :)

Hugs all,
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment